Find Your Future Job
Find Your Future Job
With the best international tools in the travel industry
Founded in 2011, Travel Edge is a $750 million privately-held company specializing in Leisure, Corporate & Events, and Tours travel. As North America’s largest luxury-focused travel company, Travel Edge has earned its place as a category leader, outpacing the industry with impressive growth and world-class technology. The company’s Leisure division has 10 offices in the US, Canada, and Bermuda, with over 750 expert advisors specializing in air, cruise, vacation, and VIP travel. The Corporate & Events division has four offices and 100 corporate travel and event planners specializing in corporations looking for a tailored and full-service travel management solution. The Tours division, Kensington Tours, has over 150 destination experts and offers custom and private guided tours to over 90 countries worldwide.
As an Air Ticketing Specialist, you will be responsible for the processing of ticketing requests submitted by agents. You will also respond to service desk inquiries submitted for assistance with booking, pricing, and air contract questions or any related airline queries.
You will work alongside a small team of industry veterans that support a community of over 700 travel consultants and will be a key driver of excellent service in one of the most well-regarded service units in the enterprise. This exciting and fast paced environment favors candidates that like problem solving, have solid industry knowledge, enjoy working hard in a collaborative setting and who take pride in delighting their stakeholders.
Travel Edge has invested heavily in our in house reservation system ADX, and the successful candidate will be part of the team responsible for ADX fulfillment for all bookings issued as BSP. This position will work closely with the Director of Air Operations to implement new functionality for the purpose of increased clarity, accuracy and efficiency of the Air Sales Team operations.
You will also be responsible for furthering the successful execution of the Travel Edge strategic objectives as articulated to you by your immediate manager, and assisting with the formulation of solutions aligned with this strategy. Travel Edge Support & Infrastructure strives to provide best in class solutions to our stakeholders and your commitment to excellence in all aspects of your work will be a strong asset in this position.
- Answer service desk tickets from agents to assist with ticketing, itinerary building, pricing options, contract questions, waivers and favors and anything else airline related. The emphasis is on pro-active selling of the preferred suppliers and finding the option that meets the agent’s needs in order to obtain the best utilization of contracts.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all Air Contracts with all preferred suppliers in order to advise agents of their profit opportunities and to ensure ticketing is directed to the correct ARC for utilization purposes.
- Ability to manipulate complex international itineraries for the purpose of best pricing options utilizing published and/or Net fare pricing options; also taking commission opportunities into consideration.
- Process ticket requests from agents in multiple GDS systems including exchanges and refunds. Initially all training will be in Sabre GDS and then progress to Amadeus.
- ADX fulfillment including manual ticketing when needed, as well as all intervention needed on existing bookings.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills to assist agents in resolving issues with their customer’s travel arrangements.
- Maintain personal agent queues for automated QC & schedule changes.
- Travel Industry School or equivalent
- International tariff training
- 2+ years of international travel industry experience
- 2+ years of Native Sabre experience including ticketing entries to include manual exchanges & phase IV ticketing
- Sabre, Apollo & Amadeus GDS experience or the ability to learn
- 2+ years working with multiple international airline agreements
- Must provide clear and professional communication in all interactions. Must prioritize work effectively and pursue issues through to successful resolution.
- As the team grows successful collaboration with new and existing team members will be critical.
- Will maintain the highest level of trust and ethical behavior in executing corporate business
- Must be committed to ongoing enhancement of technical and soft skills.
- Need to stay current with industry developments in the travel field.
What Travel Edge offers:
- Supportive team environment
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities
- Company match RRSP program
- Extensive health benefits
- Comprehensive employee assistance program
- Health and Wellness subsidy
- 3 weeks’ vacation to start
- Corporate gym membership rates
- Agent incentives
- Advancement opportunities
Please apply via the following link: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/TravelEdge/743999684623243-air-ticketing-specialist?trid=f0f7ed91-c7f1-4e4f-9281-f9701cc9810d