Find Your Future Job
Find Your Future Job
With the best international tools in the travel industry
We invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Business Development Officer, Regional Office, Canada (based in Quebec). The incumbent is required to promote Destination Jamaica to the travel trade and potential visitors in order to increase Jamaica’s market share from Quebec and Atlantic Canada. The successful candidate must be fully bilingual (written & oral) in both French and English.
Key Duties Include:
· Maintain physical & virtual engagement with travel advisors & wholesalers in the region.
· Conduct training seminars and presentations on Jamaica and make arrangements for the JTB’s participation in trade & consumer shows, road shows, seminars and other promotional events.
· Provide updated promotional information to clients: travel advisors, airlines, etc.
· Organize and conduct familiarization tours for travel advisors.
· Maintain relationship with the Jamaican Diaspora in the territory.
· Keep abreast of economic & market trends in the territory.
· Increase awareness for Jamaica by participating in interviews on radio, television, and phone.
· Assist travel advisors and wholesalers with any issues booking Destination Jamaica
EXPECTED RESULTS/PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
· The extent to which the Jamaica’s market share is increased from the region.
· Timely submission of reports/inputs that reflect current market conditions.
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS
· Frequent late hours to: attend trade shows that usually begin after regular business hours
· Extensive traveling across the territory.
· Occasional work on weekends to attend trade & consumer events.
· Must own and operate a reliable motor vehicle.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· First degree or equivalent in Tourism, Marketing, Sales, or any other related discipline.
· Three (3) years’ experience in Tourism, Hospitality, Marketing, Sales, Airline, or similar business.
· Fluency in French and English languages is required.
Applications with resumes (in both French & English) should be submitted no later than June 15, 2023, to:
Senior Manager, Human Resource Development, Jamaica Tourist Board
64 Knutsford Boulevard, Kingston 5, Jamaica
Re: “Vacancy – Business Development Officer, Quebec & Atlantic Canada” Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Knowledge of Jamaica’s tourism product.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to interact/relate to all levels and peoples.
· Comfortable command of social media platforms (Facebook & Instagram).
· Excellent time management and project management skills.