Find Your Future Job
Find Your Future Job
With the best international tools in the travel industry
Groups Travel Consultant
The Groups Advocate is responsible for assisting travel agents with all aspects related to cruise group bookings, to quote group space, issue group contract in a timely manner and promote our services to increase on board revenue., to As part of the group sales team, has the primary responsibility to ensure groups are completed in accordance with the terms and conditions of the group contract. This includes management of: names, stateroom assignment, payment, dining, prepaid shorex, special services, and special event venues and documentation. This position is also responsible to have the final accounting balanced and properly communicated to all parties.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients by anticipating and effectively responding to service issues and requests.
- Effectively and quickly communicate and manage group bookings, deadlines, special requests, amenities, updated promotions and shore excursions.
- Insure quick turnaround of new group request, which are submitted via email, web-form, and phone call.
- Actively monitors group’s status prior to departure to keep on track with group contract
- Processes refunds for all cancelled groups with money not under any penalty.
- Promote prepaid services including special services, shore excursion, transfer, Spa Packages, Internet Packages, Photo Packages and other services for revenue increase.
- Checks group level for “good faith” money and contact travel agent on where to move it.
- Sends reports within the penalty period to agent on record as changes occur
- Coordinates special events/activities with operation teams
- Checks for any balance dues and make all necessary group adjustments
- Communicates to agent on record all forms required (i.e. dining, special requests and passport/dob info)
- Run reports and Financial Recap for details on amenities, extra services that need to be noted on group recap forms and DTS system as required.
- Ensure the correct and accurate submission of Group Quotator, Jira Request and/or Service Tickets. Continually follows up to obtain rapid approval from Revenue Management and Inventory department.
- Checks final group recap and then send to ship/operations (or HQ).
- Sends final report to travel agent reflecting shore ex, cancellations, changes
- Reconciles payments and send commission statement to Accounting.
- Responsible for “FIT TC” program, where FIT bookings are requested to be considered for evaluation and calculation of tour conductor value. Also responsible for all ancillary communications about program.
- Fluent English and French, oral and written skills. Any additional language is considered an advantage
- High School Diploma - minimum education level. Associates Degree or equivalent education a plus.
- Experienced with Microsoft, Word, Excel and possession of computer and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in a Groups Department of a travel organization a plus
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Must to be able to communicate professionally and effectively written and verbally at all levels.
- Flexibility to work occasional overtime, evening hours and weekends.
- Accounting skills to review payments, commissions and balance dues