Find Your Future Job
Find Your Future Job
With the best international tools in the travel industry
Sales Support Specialist
The sales support team may have different job titles and levels of empowerment, including sales service, sales support executive and sales support manager. The role that is common is to provide support to sales managers in the field and to deal with Trade Partners (TP) and/or prospects who contact a company’s sales department. Generally, they do not have direct responsibilities for selling, but their work contributes to good customer relationships and enables the field sales team to spend more time selling. Responsible for providing ongoing connection with the clients assigned to the Business Development Managers (BDMs) involving various responsibilities in different business settings across Canada. This entails working with the sales team to develop business and achieve established sales goal by assisting travel agency partners with sales and service needs and assisting the sales team with administrative functions. The goal is to ensure satisfaction and operational excellence, which leads to increased revenue performance.
- Support selling needs including servicing any issues related to selling efforts raised by TPs and Sales Managers, generate selling opportunities, and assist all Sales Managers and TPs with strategic Sales & Marketing efforts,
- Review and act on post sales call needs and inquiries for the various BDMs and Travel Partners. Leverages these interactions to create selling opportunities.
- Calls Travel Partners on behalf of the Sales Manager to assist in closing business, educate Travel Partners on the brand's products, promotions and selling tools; introduces and/or creates brand awareness and identifies/qualifies selling opportunities.
- Partners with all Sales Managers in the coordination and execution of trade related events such as ship tours, FAM training functions, and Seminars at Sea.
- Partner with BDM and/or sales department for Trade and Consumer events, Sales Meetings/Functions, Hosting Trade events, Travel Partner visitations.
- Works within Sales to ensure accessibility and understanding of corporate and brand policies, procedures and key selling attributes.
- Works with BDM’s and Travel Partners to ensure Co-op marketing expenses are submitted timely and in accordance with established coop guidelines.
- Networks and interacts with all relevant internal departments to act on requests and complete service resolution tasks for BDM’s and trade partners
- Financial Responsibilities will be jointly responsible with the partnering Sales Managers to achieve quarterly and annual Sales Revenue goals.
- Each BDM to provide their SSS with a list of top 20 online accounts. BDM and SSS will spot check the top accounts website on a weekly basis, to ensure company is properly promoted.
- Profile, Qualify and Categorize leads for the BDM’s, that’s funneled through the CRM.
- Call-Outs to bottom TPs list that will be coordinated between BDM & SSS. Sales support specialist will provide weekly report on calls.
- CRM Maintenance. Works within the current CRM with Sales Service department to ensure proper entries of edit/remove/add accounts etc.
- Perform other tasks as required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Fluent in English, oral and written skills. Any additional language is considered an advantage;
- College education and/or 1-2 years sales experience;
- Understand basic knowledge of CRM;
- Able to build credibility through solid product knowledge, procedures, consistent follow through and problem solving skills;
- Intermediate skills of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use advanced business and sales knowledge to make decisions.