Find Your Future Job
Find Your Future Job
With the best international tools in the travel industry
The Travel Industry Council of Ontario (TICO) is Ontario’s Travel Regulator. TICO is a non-profit organization mandated by the Ontario government to administer and enforce the Travel Industry Act, 2002 that regulates travel retailers and travel wholesalers operating in Ontario.
TICO has a full-time position available for a Complaints Officer. We are looking for an enthusiastic, multi-tasked person that has excellent communication skills, both written and oral and has a background in customer service/relations.
To learn more about TICO and review the complete list of qualifications and the job description, please visit the Careers page on TICO’s website at https://www.tico.ca/about-tico/careers
Please submit your resume and salary expectations in confidence by Wednesday November 20, 2023 to:
Travel Industry Council of Ontario
Attention: Ms. Cheryl Slocombe, Manager, Compliance and Complaints
We thank all applicants however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The individual must possess the skill to handle difficult/challenging or irate individuals in a professional manner. Reporting to the Manager, Compliance and Complaints, the individual will communicate with consumers, TICO registrants and other stakeholders regarding complaints and enquiries. Using problem solving skills, the successful candidate will investigate and assess complaints for any breaches of the Travel Industry Act, 2002 and/or Ontario Regulation 26/05.
The successful candidate will have:
• Proven experience (min. 5 years) in customer service/relations and/or a complaint handling is mandatory for this position.
• Proven experience in the travel industry is mandatory for this position in either or both the travel retail / tour operator sector, preferably in sales and customer service handling bookings.
• Post-secondary education or equivalent;
• Knowledge of the Ontario Travel Industry Act, 2002 and Ontario Regulation 26/05 and/or travel industry related experience. TICO Certification an asset.
• Extremely organized and self-motivated and possess exceptional written and oral skills
• Excellent knowledge of MS Outlook and Word and working knowledge of other MS applications and other related software tools;
• Preference will be given to a fully bilingual candidate with noted travel industry experience.