Find Your Future Job
Find Your Future Job
With the best international tools in the travel industry
Job Type: Full Time
Position Title: Destination Specialist (Travel Sales Consultant)
Location: Toronto/ Vancouver/ Home Office
Reporting to: Reservations Manager and General Manager
Here at Goway, we believe that globetrotters from all walks of life deserve unforgettable travel experiences. That’s why we want Destination Specialists (Travel Sales Consultants) to join our team and help us provide expert service to a world yearning for adventure. We are looking for motivated individuals who have a drive to succeed in a sales-drive environment to join one of Goway’s specialist teams: Africa, Asia, Central & South America, Downunder, Idyllic Islands, and UK & Europe.
Our Destination Specialists will channel their love of travel to advise and create customized travel experiences using Goway’s reservations systems. These will include anything from a trip to the Australian Outback to a fly-in safari in Kenya. Here are some of the things you will do:
- Draw on your proven sales performance to convert enquiries into bookings, utilizing effective qualifying, follow up, and quote management processes.
- Ensure all reservations are processed with careful attention to detail, maintaining administrative tasks including documents, managing schedule changes, and processing airline tickets.
- Communicate our products and dedication to service through email, telephone, and online chat.
- Develop long-lasting connections with your customers, creating referrals and repeat business.
- Represent Goway values throughout your day.
The Goway Advantage:
Goway Travel is a family company and we encourage inclusiveness, discovery, and innovation. We want to offer you the chance to sell exciting products. You won’t be peddling boring mainstream packages. Instead, you’ll be connecting globetrotters to the most exciting destinations on the planet. As well, we’ll send you on familiarization trips to make sure you are expertly acquainted with the destinations you are selling.
We offer a competitive salary where our average consultant earnings exceed $60,000 with an uncapped commission incentive, paid personal days, RRSP employer matching, and ongoing training to ensure you stay up-to-date in the industry. You will also be supplied with a comprehensive health benefits package, opportunities for discounted worldwide travel, and the chance to move up with the company and work with teams in different locations.
How to Join the Team:
If you want to create amazing trips for dedicated customers and work alongside knowledgeable staff, we encourage you to apply to Goway today. All candidates will be afforded equal opportunity through the recruiting process. Please be advised that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Goway provides a full training program for new hires throughout the year in our training classes. We are recruiting for the following intake dates:
February 11th, 2019
March 18th, 2019
Should these dates not be suitable, please contact us and we may be able to schedule an alternative date or arrangement.
Let’s grow together. Apply to Goway today.
- Sales Experience. You have demonstrated experience working in a sales environment and have knowledge of the travel industry. You know how to anticipate desires and close sales.
- A Passion for Travel. You love to travel and have traveled internationally beyond North America and the Caribbean.
- A Drive for Success. You have the attitude and tools necessary to accomplish tasks proactively and are motivated by goals and sales targets. You work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent Customer Service & Communication.You are adept at tailoring products to people’s specific needs and you understand that the relationship with the customer is paramount.
- You are organized, have excellent time management skills, and are able to multi-task and move through different areas of your job—including handling new enquiries, follow ups, and processing documentation.
- A Team Player. You understand that success is sweeter when it’s achieved alongside passionate individuals who share your values.
- An Appetite for Knowledge. You are always hungry to learn more about the job and destinations you sell.
- A Technical Mind & GDS Experience. You work efficiently. You have GDS/Airline knowledge (preferable Amadeus) as well as an understanding of reservations systems.
- You have traveled to one of the destinations we sell: Africa, Asia, Central & South America, Downunder, Idyllic Islands, and UK & Europe
- You have sold to one of the destinations we sell: Africa, Asia, Central & South America, Downunder, Idyllic Islands, and UK & Europe
- In-depth knowledge of FIT travel